Thursday, September 26, 2013

Normal Life

Marcus is settling in quite nicely here in America...things are becoming "normal".  School is going great, soccer is fun, and we are just enjoying normal life with Marcus.  He feels like one of my own kids more and more every day.

Here's what we've been up to lately...

Visiting my mom while she was camping, Marcus kicked butt on the horseshoes!


We went to a Grand Valley State University football game.  


...and this is what I get now when I try to take Marcus' picture :::sigh:::.  We need to work on this, lol.


A great halftime show honoring our service men and women.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I don't think Marcus is "loving" my cooking.  He did like my meatloaf, but didn't care for my french toast, taco bake, or our family favorite "shit on a bun" (I'll have to explain that in another post).  I'm pretty sure he would rather live off fast food and a couple staples at home, such as Frosted Flakes and Ramen noodles.  

He loved the idea of corn flakes coming with sugar already on it :)


The closest we can get to his familiar "noodles" from home.


I'm thinking he is just missing his mother's wonderful cooking, of which I will never compete.  Check out her blog HERE and you will see what I'm talking about!  Her cakes are simply amazing, I'm pretty sure Marcus isn't going to be very impressed with the boxed cake mix I bought at the store this week!  HA!

When I asked Marcus what his favorite thing about America was (besides Taco Bell), he said "FREE REFILLS"!  That's right folks, us American's like our free refills wherever we go :)


No comments:

Post a Comment