Thursday, September 5, 2013

First day of school + First soccer game!

Today was an eventful day!  Marcus started school as a 10th grader at Allendale High School.   Students were welcomed back to school this morning with music, red carpet, principal and vice principal in tuxedos giving welcome back fist bumps, inflatable air dancers, and DONUTS!  I dropped Marcus off at school this morning, it was quite impressive...although Marcus passed up on the donut :)



The three brothers (Marcus-10th grade, Josh-7th grade, Luke-6th grade)



And "little man" Jake (Kindergarten)



Overall, I think the first day went really well!  Marcus introduced some of his new friends to one of his favorite foods, Nutella, at lunch time.  He opened his locker on the first try and got to all his classes on time, yay Marcus!  I think he was hoping to just blend in with the rest of the students, but it didn't happen, haha!  He had to introduce himself in each class and obviously the minute he starts to speak everyone knows he is not from around here :)  I think he is going to have many friends and will have a great school year!  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Today was also Marcus' first soccer game!  I want to start out by saying how proud I am of Marcus for coming into the season late (due to when he arrived in the US), and being selected to play Varsity!  I admittedly don't know a thing about soccer, but it looked to me that he was doing great.  Although I don't know anything about the game, what I do know is that I seen many smiles and "high fives" amongst the teammates.  And my motto with all my kids is, "if you had fun, it was a great game".  









There were many spectators cheering for Marcus, including the Junior Varsity team that stayed to watch.  It was an awesome thing to see and I think Marcus really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to many more games this season, I could get used to this "soccer mom" thing :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment