Monday, September 1, 2014

A New Beginning

I'm sure many of you wondered what happened to me and this blog last fall. Everything was going so good.  We were creating so many great memories with Marcus. To keep a long story short, ten days after my last post on October 21, 2013, Marcus left our house.  He was extremely homesick and struggling with school here. It was hard on my family to see him go so soon and quite honestly, it was hard to talk about it. So I didn't.  Life went on for us. Marcus went home to Denmark, and we moved into our new house.  We brushed ourselves off, carried on, like VanHuizen's do. 

We are blessed. We know we are blessed, and so lucky to have what we have.  Too bad that "exchange thing" didn't work out. Maybe we just aren't cut out for that sort of thing. How nice it would be to have a student here the whole year that we could share our life with.  Maybe some day we will try the experience again.  I'm happy to say, that day has come!

As the saying goes..."As one door closes, another door opens."

Please continue to follow us as we start this new journey with yet another, great and wonderful, exchange student. 

More info to come soon, but I'll leave you with this picture...OUR NEW HOME.  Can't wait to welcome someone new.  There are a lot of great memories waiting to happen here. 

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment